Daniel Fishbein represents corporate and individual clients in connection with criminal proceedings, regulatory matters, and internal investigations. Daniel also has experience representing clients in a broad range of civil disputes, including M&A related litigation. Since joining the firm, Daniel has been a valued teammate in every phase of trial preparation, from preindictment inquiry, to securing favorable bond packages, and drafting critical motions. Daniel has also assisted in conducting the firm’s SEC and internal investigations, including one involving a high-profile company employee. Daniel recently represented a former CEO of a publicly traded pharmaceutical company as a key witness in an insider-trading trial (U.S. v. Lavidas).
Daniel additionally has a varied pro bono practice, including successfully representing an advocacy organization as amicus curiae in a U visa nonimmigration status proceeding and a victim in an excessive use of force case.
Before joining Mukasey Frenchman, Daniel served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Dora L. Irizarry in the Eastern District of New York and Chief Judge Theresa L. Springmann in the Northern District of Indiana, and was also an associate at two international law firms. During law school, Daniel participated in Northwestern’s Supreme Court Practicum, where he worked on Kingsley v. Hendrickson, 576 U.S. ___ (2015), a landmark excessive use of force case involving pre-trial detention.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2015, cum laude
- Journal of Law & Social Policy, Production Editor
- Northwestern University Supreme Court Practicum
- University of Maryland, College Park – Bachelors of Arts in Economics and Bachelors of Arts in Government & Politics, 2011
- Division One Men’s Cross Country
- Dora L. Irizarry, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2018 – 19
- Theresa L. Springmann, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2016 – 17
- Increasing Civil and Criminal Enforcement in the Municipal Bond Market, New York Law Journal, May 4, 2018, with Steven M. Witzel
- 300 Governments: Understanding Intermunicipal Collaboration in Nassau County, NY and Policies of “Forced Efficiency” in New York State, 32 Touro L. Rev 535 (2016)
- Panelist, “Students, Faculty, and Alums Collaboration in the Supreme Court,” Northwestern School of Law, August 2015
- Member, Federal Bar Council (Inn of Court and First Decade Committee)
- Member, New York Democratic Lawyers Council
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York