Daniel C. Fishbein represents corporate and individual clients in connection with criminal proceedings, regulatory matters, and internal investigations. Daniel also has experience representing clients in a broad range of civil disputes, including M&A related matters.
Daniel additionally has a varied pro bono practice, including successfully representing an advocacy organization as amicus curiae in a U visa nonimmigration proceeding and a victim in an excessive use of force case.
Before joining Mukasey Frenchman & Sklaroff, Daniel served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Dora L. Irizarry, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and Chief Judge Theresa L. Springmann, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, and was also an associate at two international law firms. During law school, Daniel participated in Northwestern’s Supreme Court Practicum, where he worked on Kingsley v. Hendrickson, 576 U.S. ___ (2015), a landmark excessive use of force case involving pre-trial detention.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, Juris Doctor,2015, cum laude
- Journal of Law & Social Policy, Production Editor
- Northwestern University Supreme Court Practicum
- University of Maryland, College Park – Bachelors of Arts in Economics and Bachelors of Arts in Government & Politics, 2011
- Division One Men’s Cross Country
- Hon. Dora L. Irizarry, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2018 – 19
- Hon. Theresa L. Springmann, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2016 – 17
- Increasing Civil and Criminal Enforcement in the Municipal Bond Market, New York Law Journal, May 4, 2018, with Steven M. Witzel
- 300 Governments: Understanding Intermunicipal Collaboration in Nassau County, NY and Policies of “Forced Efficiency” in New York State, 32 Touro L. Rev 535 (2016)
- Panelist, “Students, Faculty, and Alums Collaboration in the Supreme Court,” Northwestern School of Law, August 2015
- Member, Federal Bar Council (First Decade Committee)
- Member, New York Democratic Lawyers Council
- New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit