Marc Mukasey is a renowned criminal trial lawyer who defends executives and corporations in the worlds of finance, health care, energy, media, and sports. Marc is highly rated in Chambers and Partners’ USA rankings of white-collar lawyers based on praise from clients and peers: “From my perspective, he’s the best trial lawyer out there.” “His presence in court is fantastic.” “Marc is an excellent and tenacious litigator.” His recent work includes high-stakes, high-pressure federal trials in New York and Boston; the acquittal of Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher in a murder trial that captivated the nation; and the first-ever acquittal in a commodities fraud “spoofing” trial. He has also represented a major corporation in the Deepwater Horizon explosion, several Native American tribes, the CEO of a leading network, and a Hall of Fame basketball coach. Marc also counseled the largest private Hasidic Jewish school in New York State through a criminal investigation that allowed the school to avoid indictment and enter into a deferred prosecution agreement.
Marc is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and has been named multiple times by Law360 as an MVP of the Year in the White Collar category. He is also a member of the New York Council of Defense Lawyers.
Prior to founding the firm, Marc was the Chairman of the white collar defense practices at two international law firms and a Chief in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- Dartmouth College, B.A. 1989
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., cum laude 1993
- Hon. I. Leo Glasser, U.S. District Court, E.D.N.Y.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit